Shikhanova Elena Gennad'evna, Postgraduate student, Korolyov National Research University of Samara (34 Moskovskoe highway, Samara, Russia), EGShikhanova@yandex.ru
Background. In the course of integration of socioeconomic development and scientific and technological advance the problem engineering experts training is becoming acute. The legal culture of future engineers is one of the criteria of specialist’s competitiveness. At the same time, the development of this feature is impossible without proper efforts at the university. In this connection, there is a lack of tools to measure the level of engineering specialist’s legal culture. The goal of the article is to introduce the author’s method for evaluating engineering students’ legal culture on the basis of self-appraisal and the its approbation results.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented through analyzing the literature on the subject matter. The methodology included the system-structural approach that enabled to introduce future engineer’s legal culture components, criteria
and levels of cultural development; as well as the competence approach allowing ot determine the importance of legal culture in engineering specialist training. The statistical method was used to process the self-appraisal approbation results.
Results. The article analyzes the criteria and levels of future engineer’s legal culture; considers a three-component structure of legal culture including a cognitive, an emotion-volitional and a behavioral component; and introduces a correlation of the stated components for examining the ganaral level of student’s legal culture. The method’s approbation proved the hypothesis of a proper level of future engineer’s legal culture development. The article also describes the results of the research carried out and highlights the prospects and development trends.
Conclusions. The method of diagnosing engineering student’s legal culture developed by the author makes it possible to reflect drawbacks of legal culture development at universities and to design a complex of correctional pedagogical measures. Besides, by determining the importance of personality’s legal culture components it is possible to define new paths for subsequent studying of the given problem.
personality’s legal culture, student of engineering major, pedagogical diagnostics, personality’s legal culture components, personality’s legal culture levels, self-appraisal
1. Zhigulin A. A. Psikhologiya, sotsiologiya i pedagogika [Psychology, sociology and pedagogy]. 2012, no. 3. Available at: http://psychology.snauka.ru/2012/03/247/ 2. Ibragimova Z. N. Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Pedagogika i psikhologiya [Bulletin of Tver State University. Series: Pedagogy and psychology].
2012, no. 3, pp. 123–130.
3. Lomakina I. A. Formirovanie pravosoznaniya uchashchikhsya uchrezhdeniy nachal'nogo professional'nogo obrazovaniya v protsesse izucheniya pravovykh distsiplin: dis. kand. ped. nauk: 13.00.01 [Development of vocational college students’ legal awareness in the course of legal subjects learning: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of pedagogical sciences]. Tula, 2005, 225 p.
4. Mityunova I. G. Formirovanie pravovoy kul'tury starsheklassnikov: aksiologicheskiy podkhod: monografiya [Development of senior secondary school children’s legal culture: an axiological approach: monograph]. Velikiy Novgorod: Novgorodskiy gos. un-t
im. Yaroslava Mudrogo, 2006, 84 p.
5. Nizhnikh I. K. Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Ser.: Gumanitarnye nauki [Bulletin of Tambov University. Series: Humanities]. 2014, no. 4 (132).
6. Savin V. N. Sotsium i vlast' [Society and power]. 2011, no. 2. 7. Vorob'eva O. A., Mychak T. V. Vektor nauki Tol'yattinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [The vector of science of Togliatti State University]. 2009, no. 4.
8. Kol'berg L. Pravo kak sotsial'noe yavlenie [Law as a social phenomenon]. Moscow, 2001, 377 p.
9. Oksamytnyy V. V. Obshchaya teoriya gosudarstva i prava: uchebnik [The general theory of state and law]. Moscow: Yuniti-Dana, 2012, 511 p.
10. Shikhanova E. G. Nauchnaya diskussiya sovremennoy molodezhi: pedagogika i psikhologiya: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (g. Penza, 28 sentyabrya 2016 g.) [Scientific discussion of modern youth: pedagogy and psychology: proceedings of an International scientific and practical conference (Penza, 28th September 2016)]. Penza: Nauka i Prosveshchenie, 2016, pp. 50–52.
11. Shikhanova E. G. Pedagogika i prosveshchenie [Pedagogy and education]. 2016, no. 4, pp. 390–399.
12. Matuzov N. I., Mal'ko A. V. Teoriya gosudarstva i prava [The theory of state and law]. Moscow: Yurist", 2009.
13. Nikitin A. F. Chto takoe pravovaya kul'tura? [What is legal culture?]. Moscow, 1988, 221 p.